Best Neighborhoods in Columbia SC
Neighborhoods in Columbia SC
Searching for an ideal area or best neighborhoods in Columbia, South Carolina can take hours of research. Some buyers want to be close to Fort Jackson, others may want to have a home with acreage, and some just want to be “right in the thick of it”. Many of the newer subdivisions in Columbia incorporate activities such as golf, swimming, fishing, and other recreational sports. Most of these are in the suburbs of The Columbia Northeast, Blythewood, or Irmo. Here is a shortlist of some of the areas around Columbia and the ages of the homes for sale.
Did I miss a great neighborhood? Please let me know by leaving a comment below.
Neighborhoods and Subdivisions in the Columbia Downtown area include:
- University of South Carolina Many Historic Homes(AKA USC)
- Elmwood Park many Historic Homes
- Cottontown Historic Homes
- The Vista Mostly multifamily, townhouses
- Five Points
- Forest Acres
- West Columbia
- Forest Hills
- Forest Lake
- Olympia (mostly shotgun houses for mill workers)